Nigerian Government confirms 110 Dapchi schoolgirls missing

Nigerian Government confirms 110 Dapchi schoolgirls missing

Since the news broke out of the missing girls federal government delegation was sent to dapchi. And the delegation who was sent to yobe has confirmed that over 100 girls are unaccounted for.

The federal government has confirmed that everything will be done to rescue the missing girls.

The government delegation that was sent to yobecomprised the Minister of Information and Culture Lai Mohammed and Minister of Interior Lt.-Gen. Abdulrahman Dambazau (retired).

It has now comfirmed by the Nigerian government that not fewer than 110 schoolgirls are missing from a all girls college in Dapchi, Yobe state after a Boko haram attack on February 19

An official statement was made by the Segun Adeyemi, the special assistant to information minister Lai Mohammed.

The Nigerian government confirmed that 110 student of the Government Science and Technical College in Dapchi, Yobe State are so far still unaccounted for. Since the news of the insurgents believe to be from a faction of Boko Haram invaded their school on the 19 of February 2018.

The Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed announced the number of the missing girls but this was made after the meeting between a Federal Government Delegation and representatives of key stakeholders, including the state government, the college, the parents, security agencies and Bursari local government, where Dapchi is situated, in Damaturu on Sunday.

After the briefings from the Principal of the College, Hajia Adama Abdulkarim, and the state Commissioner for Education, Hon. Mohammed Lamin, 906 students – out of whom 110 have not been accounted for – were in the school on the day of the attack.

Alhaji Mohammed announced that the Federal Government and the police are working tirelessly to reuse the missing girls and are also trying to work hard take sure they are brought home safely .

The Minister disclosed that the Federal Government has stepped up efforts to rescue the girls and return them safely to their parents, saying the security agencies are working on many leads regarding the whereabouts of the girls.

THe said in his statement; ”This is the second time in four days that a Federal Government delegation would visit Yobe State since the unfortunate incident. This is a measure of the seriousness with which we are addressing the issue. The security forces are leaving no stone unturned in their search for the girls. ”We are back here in Yobe as part of efforts to provide some succor to the parents of the girls, to let them know that they are not alone and also to reassure them that we will not rest until we have found the girls. We will carry the parents along on the efforts we are making,”

The Minister of Interior said the delegation on the trip in order to get the fact right so that no mistake we be made ”We must get back the girls and also ensure that this does not happen again,” he said.”

After arriveing to yobe the delegation which was sent by the federal government held meeting with Governor Ibrahim Geidam of Yobe state; members of the state cabinet, the Principal and Vice Principal of the school, representatives of the parents of the missing girls and security agencies, among others, the statement said.

This is the second time a federal government delegation has been sent to yobe state following that abduction of 105 girls from a college (Girls Science Technical College,) in Dapchi.

Use your ← → (arrow) keys to browse

Speak Your Mind

*